3D-printed gun maker Cody Wilson has been arrested in Taiwan
- The controversial 3D-printed gun maker Cody Wilson has been arrested in Taiwan after authorities in Texas announced he was wanted on charges that he sexually assaulted a minor.
- On Wednesday, Texas law enforcement announced that the 30-year-old Wilson was wanted for allegedly paying a girl under the age of 17 for sex, but was believed to be in Taiwan.
- BuzzFeed News reports that immigration authorities in the country say they are searching for travel documents for Wilson so he can be deported to the United States.
- As the head of the start-up Defense Distributed, Wilson waged a years-long legal battle over the distribution of 3-D-printed gun blueprints.
- While the Trump administration initially came to an agreement that would have allowed Wilson to continue distributing the blueprints, state attorneys general recently intervened with a new legal challenge, which was working its way through court as the Texas charges were announced.
Top 200 comments