Juggling Multiple Languages Simultaneously
- I clearly feel the "switches" I have to make daily.
- Plus, is the "jack of all trades, master of none" problem a real and significant one?
- I think it will help more than hurt.
- Sometimes when you’re too caught up in one language you sometimes mistake that language’s best practices for programming best practices.
- Too much context switching could hurt your productivity but I wouldn’t worry about long term problems.
- Also, as somebody who wrote C, C++, and C# at the same time (and sometimes compiled into the same binary), I can say programming like that really forces you to understand how the languages work and how it all ties into how computers work.
Top 200 comments