This sculpture is a Parkland father's plea to voters
- They worked with the Giffords Organization, a gun-reform nonprofit started by former US representative and mass shooting survivor Gabrielle "Gabby" Giffords of Arizona.
- The project will include nine other identical sculptures that will be featured across 10 cities in the United States.
- Some of the locations include the Center for Social Justice in Las Vegas, Houston's City Hall and Philadelphia's Museum of Art. Some of the statues are being strategically placed in districts where hotly contested midterm elections are to take place.
- "They're in districts that are represented by members of Congress who receive a significant amount of money from the gun lobby," Crumrine told CNN.
- As far as cities such as Parkland, Florida, and Las Vegas, the statues act as more of a reminder, as these two cities were subject to two of the worst mass shootings in American history.
Top 200 comments