The White House's biggest annual economic report lists the alter-egos of Spider-man, Captain America, Batman, and a Game of Thrones character as interns
- WASHINGTON — The Economic Report of the President released on Tuesday by the White House lists several fictional comic book characters and actors as interns for the Council of Economic Advisers.
- Characters from Spider-Man, Batman, and actor John Cleese are among the names printed in the official report touting President Donald Trump's economic gains in the past year.
- The report then lists interns from the previous year, which include Spider-Man's alter ego Peter Parker, the fictional character's guardian Aunt May, Steve Rogers from Captain America, billionaire caped crusader Bruce Wayne from Batman, and actor John Cleese.
- The Council of Economic Advisers' official Twitter account posted that it was a deliberate attempt to bring attention to their interns and not as mistake of any kind.
- The report also touts the United States as the world's largest producer of crude oil and natural gas, surpassing both Russia and Saudi Arabia.
Top 200 comments