Ai Weiwei sues Volkswagen over use of refugee lifejacket artwork in ad
- "On the way to Copenhagen to attend the court hearing for our case against Volkswagen," read the caption.
- It later featured as the backdrop for a Volkswagen Polo campaign in October that year, according to an Instagram post published by the artist in March.
- A spokesman for Volkswagen Denmark told CNN that the company would not comment on ongoing legal proceedings.
- In December 2018, British artist Anish Kapoor reached an out-of-court settlement with the National Rifle Association (NRA) after the gun rights group used an image of Kapoor's "Cloud Gate" sculpture in a promotional video.
- Kapoor filed legal papers and the gun rights organization agreed to remove the image of the sculpture as part of the settlement, reported the UK's Press Association news agency at the time.
Top 200 comments