Beyonce sends 'love letter to Africa' with the new Lion King album
- Beyonce, who is also in the Lion King cast, has four solo songs on the album alongside collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, and her daughter, Blu Ivy. Many of Nigeria's top Afrobeats stars including Burna Boy, Mr. Eazi, and Yemi Alade appear on the album.
- Beyonce says the album features many acts from Africa because she wants it to be about authentic music from the continent.
- The album release is an acknowledgment of the growing reputation and reach that African music, especially the Afrobeats genre has, says music analyst, Segun Akande.
- Nigerian artist, Wizkid, is one of the more successful Afrobeats stars in recent times.
- In 2018, The Black Panther soundtrack featured top South African artists like Babes Wodumo and Sjava, and the album was credited with putting a global spotlight on the South African music genre.
Top 200 comments