New York Times demotes editor who sparked fury
- New York (CNN Business) - Jonathan Weisman, the deputy Washington editor for The New York Times, has been demoted after a pair of incidents in which he ignited controversy on Twitter, the newspaper said Tuesday.
- Over the last few weeks, Weisman had faced a barrage of criticism for his behavior on social media.
- In late July, Weisman deleted a tweet amid outrage after he suggested Democratic Reps.
- Shortly after, Roxane Gay, an author who occasionally writes op-ed pieces for The Times, mocked Weisman for the tweet.
- Internally, people inside The Times were alarmed at the behavior Weisman has displayed on social media, people familiar with the matter told CNN.
- Baquet told CNN Business in a phone interview Tuesday afternoon that he decided to host an employee town hall on Monday in part because of Weisman's recent behavior on social media.
Top 200 comments