Is it time for Beto O'Rourke to go home?
- What's remarkable about that piece -- and it's far from the only one expressing the sentiment that O'Rourke should drop out of the presidential race and run against Republican Sen. John Cornyn in 2020 -- is that it was sparked by what was, without question, Beto's best moment as a presidential candidate in months.
- In the wake of the murders of 22 people in a mass shooting in El Paso earlier this month, O'Rourke was asked whether President Donald Trump bore some responsibility for the tragedy.
- It went viral and reminded many people of the passion and excitement O'Rourke created during his 2018 campaign against Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.
- He can only be the Beto we love when he is running for office in Texas!
- Now, O'Rourke's campaign for president isn't entertaining the possibility of switching races, according to CNN's Dana Bash.
Top 200 comments