Do you even unit test, bro ?
- Unit test was the first answer, but it took me time before writing them correctly.
- Mocking make writing test easy, but it's not a good practice.
- Code is composed by public methods, yes, but also by private and protected ones.
- But, unlike public methods, the are not worth a specific test.
- I am used to write tests following the FIRST principles, but other methods exists, like AAC for example.
- Yes. You can be a Time Lord and mock Time (unless it's a fix point in time, of course ;-) ) Remember, if a test failed, the only valid reason should be that the method is not working as expected.
- Unit testing should take time to write, sometime even more than writing the method itself.
- Keep your tests simple, limit them to a specific scope and focus on the output of the method.
Top 200 comments