5 ways learning to program is like learning a foreign language
- We started to wonder how similar learning a programming language is to a spoken language.
- Your native language is innate, you don’t really think about what you’re saying, it just comes out.
- In spoken languages, it’s things like pronouns, verbs, adverbs, and adjectives.
- It may sometimes seem like you’re coming to terms with a concept, only for it to fork off into two additional things you need to learn.
- It’s obvious that the key to learning a spoken language is by getting out there and practising.
- It’s about making something or saying something that’s relatable or enjoyable for the person on the receiving end.
- This is more apparent of course with spoken languages, but the end goal with programming or web development is the same.
Top 200 comments