Disposing of Virtual Disks Is as Essential as Disposing of Hard Drives
- There are, however, several best practices that you can use to ensure that deprovisioned virtual hard disks do not pose a significant security risk to your organization.
- One easy way to do this is to use File Explorer to map a path to the virtual hard disk’s location, right click on the disk, and select the Mount command from the shortcut menu.
- When you are done, right click on the drive letter that represents the virtual hard disk, and select the Eject command.
- It is worth noting, however, that if the virtual hard disk is stored on a deduplicated volume, the deduplication process may undermine the secure deletion.
- As important as it is to securely delete unwanted virtual hard disks, remember that the actual deletion is only part of the overall process.
Top 200 comments