Less than an hour with my laptop showed me exactly why it's so important to shop around for car insurance
- There's a lot that goes into pricing car insurance premiums — don't let one company's formula cost you more than you need to pay.
- Consumer Reports data shows that State Farm is one of the more affordable car insurance companies in Washington, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
- This quote from State Farm for a comparable $25/$50/$10 policy was over $100 cheaper than Progressive's, but that still seemed high.
- Every car insurance company takes a different look at factors like driving history and credit scores.
- Lastly, I wanted to try a pay-by-mile insurance company, so I tried Metromile.
- But, Metromile's quote was still $1,148 for a $50/$100/$25 policy based on 800 miles per month, about $118 cheaper than State Farm's unlimited mile coverage.
- Car insurance policies are truly individual, and every one costs each person a different amount.
Top 200 comments