9-year-old boy charged with attempted murder after his younger sister was stabbed
- At his initial court appearance in Marion County on Tuesday, a judge ordered the boy to undergo psychiatric evaluation, video from CNN affiliate WESH showed.
- CNN reached out to the Marion County Public Defender's office but has not yet heard back.
- The boy told the officer that while his mother was gone, he went to the kitchen, got a knife and hid it behind his back as he approached his sister, the affidavit said.
- His sister was bent over trying to show him something on the floor, the boy said, according to the affidavit, and he grabbed her by the back of the neck and began stabbing her.
- When the officer asked the boy why he stabbed his sister, the boy told him that he wanted to kill her and that "the thought had entered his head two days earlier," according to the affidavit.
Top 200 comments