Manchester United Should Dump Error-Prone David De Gea This Summer
- The error-prone De Gea is no longer one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
- Despite him signing a new contract, Manchester United should cash in this summer.
- It would have been unthinkable a few years ago to suggest that Manchester United might be better off without David de Gea. The Spaniard was a rare bright spot in the first few years of the post-Alex Ferguson era at Old Trafford.
- De Gea signed a four-year contract extension in September.
- United would have received a much smaller fee had they decided to sell De Gea when he had just a year remaining on his contract.
- But that is a reason for United to sell the 29-year-old, not keep hold of him.
- United should sell De Gea and hand Henderson the No.1 jersey this summer.
Top 200 comments