Texas woman arrested for threatening to spread coronavirus, police say
- Lorraine Maradiaga later told police she had tested negative for the virus, according to a Carrollton Police press release.
- Carrollton is about 20 miles north of Dallas.
- More than 399,800 people have tested positive for the virus in the US and at least 12,900 have died, according to Johns Hopkins University's tally of cases in the country.
- Maradiaga is now being charged with making a terroristic threat, a third-degree felony, and was transferred to Denton County Jail, police said.
- Her bond has been set at $20,000.
- It's unclear if Maradiaga has an attorney.
Top 200 comments