Is Facebook even safe anymore?
- Data breaches on Facebook has reached it's peak in 2020 and it's not even half yet.
- Everyday I wake up and scroll through reddit while having my breakfast, and I go through the news of a data breach, hackers selling accounts, or something similar where the user is getting compromised.
- A month ago, a research team at Cyble reported that 267Million Facebook Accounts were sold on the dark web by hackers for just 540$.
- Fortunately, there were no passwords in the data but it had email addresses, names, Facebook IDs, dates of birth and phone numbers.
- They stated that the email data was "unintentionally uploaded to Facebook," and it is now getting deleted.
- Now as a user, this is very dangerous since your data shouldn't be treated like that as it is sensitive and breaches can put you at risks.
- But one thing is for sure, it isn't safe anymore.
Top 200 comments