Coronavirus: Which country got it right?
- These reports use anonymous data gathered from apps such as Google Maps in order to measure percentage change in mobility patterns.
- The number of visits made to pharmacies or retail stores in January gives a baseline value of mobility against which we will compare other days.
- Best case scenario: a country that went into heavy lockdown and saw a huge decrease in mobility would have bounced back and have an almost normal mobility pattern today.
- Worst case scenario: a country that went into heavy lockdown and saw a huge decrease in mobility but still has not managed to reduce coronavirus cases to lift quarantine.
- Countries have very different ways of measuring the number of daily new cases and quantifying deaths which in my opinion would cloud the universal and homogenous data provided by Google’s Mobility report.
Top 200 comments