ArsDigita: From Startup to Bust-Up (2001)
- Meanwhile, aD corporate slowly began to shut down programs, including the one that got me to be an ACS user in the first place: ArsDigita Prize.
- I emailed Allen (the CEO at the time) he said that they were working hard to bring the program back.
- My main concerns about aD were that the "smart people without process" model would only scale to about 30 or so engineers and that Philip seemed disinclined to change things himself.
- New engineers at our company were routinely complaining about the level of competence and experience we were provided by aD.
- Contacts at aD went from programmers to project managers to sales VPs. All these people were trying hard, and in some cases doing pretty well - but aD had lost the things that made it unique and successful.
- That said, aD is left with little to build from without the core team that got the thing in motion.
Top 200 comments