Chicago is the 'rattiest city' in America for the sixth year in a row
- The Windy City has topped the list of the rattiest cities in the United States for the sixth year in a row.
- Orkin, an Atlanta-based pest control service, ranks US cities based on the number of new rodent treatments from September 1 to August 31 of each year.
- Efforts to tame the city's rat population have been going on for years.
- Chicago's "war on rats" escalated with the introduction of a new rat task force back in 2016.
- Rounding out the top 10 on Orkin's list were Los Angeles, New York, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Denver and Minneapolis.
- And Orkin warns that rat activity "will only continue increasing" as rodents began seeking warm shelter as the months get colder.
- Chicago may not be the only city in trouble.
- Rankings for other cities on Orkin's "rattiest cities" list can be found on the company's website.
Top 200 comments