Chloe Kim's cool, but her dad may be even cooler
- And then, he proceeded to celebrate in the most American way possible: By enjoying a nice cold beer.
- It's been a long road for the Kim family, and one that's brought them full circle in the most satisfying of ways.
- Jong Jin Kim emigrated from South Korea to the United States in 1982 with $800 cash.
- As his daughter's talent emerged, he gave up his job to help her chase her snowboarding dreams.
- During a Monday appearance on the Today Show, he reiterated the reason behind his sacrifice: "We — an immigrant like me —we always say, 'the American dream,'" he said.
- He explained that to him, Chloe Kim is the American dream.
- None of this is lost on the younger Kim, who has at times teared up when recalling her family's love and support.
Top 200 comments