The world's first ski tournament for robots was held near the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics — and the pictures are incredible
- If you're a winter sports athlete, you may want to look away now.
- Because robots — some of them headless — are coming for your jobs.
- While the planet's finest athletes contested the fourth day of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, a bizarre robot ski competition took place on a nearby mountain.
- Eight robotics teams from universities, institutions, and one private company all contested the Ski Robot Challenge at the Welli Hilli ski resort, one hour west of Pyeongchang, on Monday — and the photos are incredible.
- Scroll down to see the robots that competed for the $10,000 prize.
- Source: Reuters.
Top 200 comments