How to change your age on YouTube through your Google account settings
- However, it's not very difficult to get around these age restrictions, and YouTube seems to know this, as it has recently got in trouble with the Federal Trade Commission for violating child privacy laws.
- Google, YouTube's parent company, had to pay a $170 million settlement for illegally collecting the data of children under 13.
- In addition, some mature content on YouTube is restricted to viewers aged 18 and older.
- If you don't meet the age requirements for certain videos — depending on the birthdate you entered in your YouTube profile — you won't be able to watch those videos on your account.
- If you want to change your age on YouTube, ideally you have your parent's permission to access mature content.
- Whatever your reasons, the process is pretty simple, and it involves your Google account as much as your YouTube profile.
Future demand for elderly care services like assisted living & in-home care are rife for digital disruption
- As the Baby Boomer population ages, society is on the cusp of dealing with an unprecedented number of senior citizens who will need elder care.
- An intensifying shortage of US home health aides and physicians, a booming senior population, and the prevalence of chronic illnesses all point to a need for transformative solutions when it comes to senior care services.
- Depending on the source you check, one becomes a senior citizen at different ages.
- According to Medicare, you become a senior at age 65.
- Regardless, senior care takes many forms in the U.S. One of the most common types is assisted living, sometimes known as senior living or more colloquially as "a home." As the name implies, these locations assist people who cannot or choose not to live on their own.
For 1 in 16 US women, their first experience with sexual intercourse was rape, study says
- The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA Internal Medicine, notes the World Health Organization recognizes forced sexual initiation -- "an unwanted first sexual intercourse that is physically forced or coerced" -- as a distinct form of sexual violence.
- The study says that 6.5% of women surveyed had an unwanted first sexual intercourse that was forced or coerced and it "appears to be common." Researchers estimated that to be 1 in 16 US women.
- The average age of women who experienced forced sexual initiation was 15.6.
- Among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary, the average age was 17.4.
- More than 30% said they had an unwanted first pregnancy, while 24% said they had ever had an abortion in their lifetime -- higher percentages than among women whose first sexual intercourse was voluntary.
The best face cream for dry skin
- Face creams that contain ceramides, for example, are usually a good bet; these molecules mimic your skin's natural lipid layer, which is a central component of its protective barrier.
- You'll want to gently exfoliate pre-moisturizer, since dry patches of skin can block pores and keep face creams from penetrating deeply.
- And when it comes to lightweight moisturizers, no product does it better than Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. This all-star product contains one of the key ingredients I mentioned before: hyaluronic acid.
- Like ceramides, hyaluronic acid is naturally occurring in your body — not just in your skin, but in your joints and eyes as well.
- So instead of reaching for a cream that only delivers moisture, those with aging skin may want to find a product that also provides some anti-aging benefits.
One in 16 US women were forced into having sex for the first time
- One in 16 US girls and women were forced into their first experience of sex, either physically or through other kinds of pressure.
- Laura Hawks of Harvard Medical School and colleagues analysed the responses from 13,000 women aged between 18 and 44 who answered the survey in the past eight years.
- Even when no physical coercion was used, the average age of women forced into sex was 15 and the average age of men was 27, says Hawks.
- There was less of an age difference for those who first had sex voluntarily: the average age was 17 for the women and 21 for the male partner.
- A previous version of the survey in 1995 found a slightly higher prevalence of forced first-time sex at 9 per cent.
- This research involved a younger age group of 15 to 24 year olds and the question was worded slightly differently.
The married couples in Hong Kong who live apart
- “We were sure about each other at the time, so even without a flat together, we decided to get married,” says Tam. Because Lee thought ahead, the couple lived apart for just a year before being allocated a 21-sq m flat, which they now share with their cat.
- Each week Chau will try to squeeze in more time with them by walking Yu and Lok home before riding the subway back to Tsing Yi. Still, even as couples find time to spend together, living separately can become lonely – regardless of someone’s age.
- Ma has applied for a Hong Kong public-housing flat so both of them can live together in a better environment, but the couple currently only spend a fraction of their time together.
- Even in their third year of waiting for a government-subsidised flat to share, Jin says that their lives together are very happy.
Almost one-fifth of Britons 'do not use internet'
- The Oxford Internet Institute (OII), which carried out the research, said people falling into the category tended to be older and poorer than frequent net users.
- The figure of 18% is higher than other official measures of non-users, he said, because of the way the OII sampled the UK population.
- By contrast, he said, the OII survey visited people in their homes and gathered a more detailed view of Britons' online lives.
- Earlier versions of the survey found the 50-plus drop-off in net use had persisted for a long time, said Dr Blank, suggesting it was not tied to a particular age group that grew up without the net.
- In addition, he said, the UK government was seeking to move more of its aid and benefit systems online - many of which were targeted at the group that shunned the net.
Physical fitness linked to better brain function
- There is also evidence that physical activity boosts the cognitive performance of healthy individuals, people of different ages, and participants with cognitive impairments.
- If a study finds that high physical fitness has links with cognitive abilities, scientists could argue that in fact, it is lower blood pressure that boosts cognitive power.
- Using a large sample of healthy people, the scientists retested the links between physical fitness, brain structure, and a wide range of cognitive domains.
- Additionally, the scientists wanted to understand whether the link between cognitive ability and physical fitness was associated with white matter integrity.
- However, because researchers carried out the tests at one point in time, it is not possible to see how fitness and cognitive ability changes over time.
- Taking previous studies into account, it is becoming increasingly clear that there are strong links between physical fitness and mental agility.
- So again, when a function is created, it gets a special property called 'prototype' which is just an Object.
- The prototype object of sayHi function has a single property called as 'constructor'.
- A function's prototype object has, initially, a special property called as 'constructor' which simply points back to the original function.
- Now try asking the john object for a 'species' property, and also lets ask it to say its name, both of which are not own props of john.
- From the Person function, let's create another object named 'Joe'.
- Properties defined in a prototype object are accessible to all the objects created via the function.
The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race (1999)
- While farmers concentrate on high-carbohydrate crops like rice and potatoes, the mix of wild plants and animals in the diets of surviving hunter-gatherers provides more protein and a bettter balance of other nutrients.
- But modern hunter-gatherer societies that have rubbed shoulders with farming societies for thousands of years don't tell us about conditions before the agricultural revolution.
- Finally, the mere fact that agriculture encouraged people to clump together in crowded societies, many of which then carried on trade with other crowded societies, led to the spread of parasites and infectious disease.
- Hunter-gatherers have little or no stored food, and no concentrated food sources, like an orchard or a herd of cows: they live off the wild plants and animals they obtain each day.