TriggerMesh Bridging Serverless Computing Multicloud Divide
- Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG.
- The company's platform also has the ability to consume event sources from virtually any piece of infrastructure, including cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudWatch or an on-premises enterprise service bus, he said.
- Hinkle said he'd like to see EveryBridge and TriggerMesh become a sort of an IFTTT (If This Then That) type service where events trigger functions for enterprises across the multicloud.
- For example, one use case, according to Hinkle, is for organizations running legacy applications.
- With TriggerMesh, every time a new customer is added, that event can in turn trigger a function to execute in an online customer portal.
- Every time a new photo is loaded, that event can trigger a serverless function to run in Google Cloud Platform for image recognition.
AWS Queues And Lambda Processing: A Simple, Quick Walkthrough.
- By the end of this article you’ll understand what a queues is, why you might need one and how to setup one up SQS and Lambda.
- In order to deal with this type of architectural where the consumer of the message may be up or down at different times we can use a queue to ensure reliable processing.
- For simplicities sake let’s use AWS SQS and Lambda for our queue and our consumer, and we’ll manually produce messages.
- For a basic AWS Lambda and SQS setup we need four things.
- Now that we have our queue that’s great, but it’s not very useful if noone uses the data pushed to it, we need to setup a consumer to receive the messages from the queue.
- That’s all you need to process messages from SQS using AWS Lambda.
Branded Hybrid Clouds Redraw Data Center Boundaries. Here's How
- Amazon Web Services’ announcement in November of its Outposts on-premises managed compute and storage racks, preceded by mere weeks by Cisco’s announcement that it was coupling its existing Kubernetes-based Cisco Container Platform (CCP) with Amazon’s Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (AKS), has intensified interest in hybrid cloud solutions.
- Suddenly, there appear to be several options for data centers co-mingling on-premises assets with public cloud resources, all in one network space, without needing an advanced certification to pull it off.
- The most significant of these new hybrid cloud solutions are those that extend a single virtual address space across on-premises servers and public cloud-based resources.
- With Cisco’s new Hybrid Cloud Solution, CCP’s address space may be extended to include AWS territory without IT operators having to exit Cisco’s CloudCenter and enter AWS’s interface to manage it.
#todayilearnedHow to fix Insufficient pods issue when deploying to Amazon EKS?
- Recently I tried to deploy a nodeJS application to Amazon EKS and found that the deployment was not ready and the pod was stuck at Pending state indefinitely.
- In order to troubleshoot, I increased kubectl output verbosity to --v=9.
- For more: Kubectl output verbosity and debugging.
- Then, I wanted to know how many pods which were currently running.
- As more pods need to be provisioned, the maximum number of pods are not enough in this case.
- As I was just working on a demonstration, so I chose a small node type t2.micro to minimise the cost.
- So I was using t2.micro, the calculation is 2 * (2-1) + 2 = 4.
- AWS also provides a mapping file here so that you don't need to calculate yourself.
- The final solution is to change the node type from t2.micro to t3.small in my case.
How Does Getting an AWS Certification Change Your Career?
- I got a question recently from someone who purchased my Learn AWS By Using It course.
- They purchased the course a few months ago and used it to help them pass their AWS Solutions Architect exam.
- When you are thinking about how to architect a solution to a problem, you get to look at it from all kinds of different angles.
- I enjoy reading about and learning how to leverage new services to build new solutions to complex problems.
- You also have to know how to stitch together services to build solutions to more complex problems.
- This has benefitted my day to day work because folks come to me with problems they need help solving in AWS.
- Getting a certification might be a great way to build up your knowledge base.
- In the course, we focus on learning Amazon Web Services by actually using it to host, secure, and deliver static websites.
How to use Amazon SQS and SNS for inter-service communication
- In our football league management application, let's consider the transfer service is going to move Player A from one team to another.
- An alternative option (and the one I prefer, albeit slightly more complicated) is for the transfer service to hold a cache of the required team data it needs.
- Whenever a new team is created thereafter, the transfer service can simply listen out for an 'info.newteamcreated' event.
- Whenever team data is required, the transfer service can first query its local cache (in mem, Redis) and failing that then make the outbound request to the team-service.
- With that, I can run the application and make a POST request to create a new team.
- For each instance of a service running, it will need to create its own queue and then subscribe that queue to the correct SNS topic.
- Back in 2014 I was quoted as saying “the development of ARM-based chips for data center servers wasn’t progressing fast enough … to consider using them over Intel processors.” Like many quotes, it’s not exactly what I said but the gist was generally correct.
- I’m looking forward to ARM servers supporting a lot of really important workloads but I think we are getting to the point in our industry where there isn’t one single processor type, one single database, one single machine learning framework, one single networking ASIC, or one single anything.
- But it’s high on our priority list that all customers to know that, if they are running on AWS, they will have access to the best instance match for their workload, the processors that best supports their workload, the database offerings they favor, and the machine learning framework most appropriate for their specific workload.
Alexa Gadgets Introduction - Voice Controlled Cat Feeder
- By the end of this article you will have everything you need to build your own gadget by using source code I've provided to build this simple Alexa powered cat feeder.
- When you are ready to deploy the Gadget code and test functionality, run the following from the root folder inside alexa/Alexa-Gadgets-Raspberry-Pi-Samples.
- The final thing you will need to understand before looking at the cat feeder code is custom directives.
- When writing skill code later on we will be able to trigger these directives, or pass data to them by sending a json payload like below.
- Now that you have a basic understanding of how Gadget code works we can begin to design our cat feeder.
- The FeedCat directive is responsible for handling what should happen when a user wants to trigger the cat feeders primary function.