Learn back-end development with Node.js and Express with this free in-depth course (2.5 hours)
- This course☝️ starts from scratch and shows you how to build a landing page, collect and manage sales leads developing an application using the CRUD pattern (create, update, delete).
- We develop an MVC style application with models, views, routes, controllers.
- If you are new to backend development and Nodejs this course is made for you.
- Topics covered include user sign up, login with PassportJS, installing and creating basic tables in PostgreSQL, issuing queries using the Sequelize ORM, what a middleware is and implementing user access control using middleware, form validation, how to divide your views using pug mixins and more.
- I am exploring a few ways to make teaching videos free while sustaining the course creators in new ways.
- For these reasons I am building Tech Buzz, a site for learning tech fast and free.
Huge study finds professors’ attitudes affect students’ grades
- Next, the researchers were given access to two years' worth of students’ grades in those instructors’ classes, covering a total of 15,000 students.
- In classes taught by fixed mindset instructors, Latino, African-American, and Native American students averaged grades 0.19 grade points (out of four) lower than white and Asian-American students.
- The student evaluations also include a question about how much time the course required—the average answer was slightly higher for fixed mindset professors, but the difference was not statistically significant.
- Instead, the researchers think the data suggests that—in any number of small ways—instructors who think their students’ intelligence is fixed don’t keep their students as motivated, and perhaps don’t focus as much on teaching techniques that can encourage growth.
- This page provides "scenes" that allow you to interactively explore the kinematics of different robots (e.g., the Universal Robots UR5 6R robot arm and the KUKA youBot mobile manipulator) and to animate trajectories that are the results of exercises in chapters on kinematics, dynamics, and control.
- This page collects together some of the supplemental material used in the Coursera MOOCs. If you are using the book in a traditional university setting, you can ask your students to sign up for the relevant courses on Coursera (see above).
- He is a co-author of The Principles of Robot Motion (MIT Press, 2005) and Embedded Computing and Mechatronics with the PIC32 Microcontroller (Elsevier, 2015), an IEEE fellow, and the recipient of the IEEE Early Career Award in Robotics and Automation, Northwestern's Professorship of Teaching Excellence, and the Northwestern Teacher of the Year award in engineering.
The group that makes the SAT pinpointed the 2 most important skills for students to learn for future success
- Friedman wrote on Wednesday that the leaders of the College Board, the nonprofit organization that runs the SAT exam, value the ability to master computer science and the US Constitution more than any other skills.
- For example, since 2014, the SAT has included at least one reading comprehension passage from founding US documents, like the Constitution, or other important texts relating to democracy.
- While the old AP Computer Science course focused on coding and programming, the board now pitches its new Computer Science Principles course as a gateway for students to build apps in a variety of industries like music, business, and art.
- According to College Board statistics, about 44,000 students took the Computer Science Principles class in 2017, the first year it was offered.
- The original coding-focused computer science program — now called Computer Science A — attracted 65,000 students last year.