UCS Director: Simplify Infrastructure Automation Anywhere
- The latest release of UCS Director includes new functionality to enhance orchestration and make it easier to use workflows to deliver infrastructure automation across compute, network, storage and virtualization from the data center to disaster recovery (DR), ROBO, and edge environments.
- UCS Director includes over 2,500 out-of-the-box tasks that span Cisco and multi-vendor hardware as well as converged and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions.
- The automated discovery, mapping, and monitoring of infrastructure topologies allows the workflows, built leveraging UCS Director out-of-the-box tasks, to be validated in real time and update existing automated services.
- Working in conjunction with the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC), Cisco UCS Director builds and manages the fabric.
- This functionality provides automation via the ACI Multi-Site Controller (MSC), allowing for policy replication across DR sites, centralized policy management, centralized tenancy, and application profiles.
- Tasks and workflows are available for Cisco ACI site management, centralized tenancy, and application templates.
Nvidia Data Center Chief: On-Prem GPU Deployments for AI Rising
- When he’s not fielding reporters’ questions about Nvida’s latest AI chips at a conference or educating a congressional committee in Washington about the importance of investing in AI research, Ian Buck is in the AI-infrastructure trenches, pushing the limits of chip design to make data centers capable of handling ever more powerful AI applications.
- We have companies like SAP are investing heavily in providing new kinds of services like brand insight, where they can actually recognize brands in video streams and sporting events, so they can provide better services to their customers – using deep neural networks for recommender systems, for better advertising, for better click rates.
- They can tune and design their data center architecture, the infrastructure, the InfiniBand switches, and the network topologies to build perhaps more supercomputers than straight-up clusters.
Top 5 Data Center Stories of the Week: May 18 2018
- Nvidia Data Center Chief: On-Prem GPU Deployments for AI Rising - Hyperscale cloud platforms are a big GPU market, but big enterprises often have reasons to keep AI infrastructure in-house.
- IoT World: The Edge is Getting Smarter, Smaller, and Moving Further Out - ‘Data gravity’ means IoT of the future will be less like a collection of dumb connected devices and more like a distributed compute fabric.
- As Workloads Change, ‘Scale Up’ Augments ‘Scale Out’ in Cloud Data Centers - Machine learning and big data analytics are making hyper-scale data centers less and less homogeneous.
- AWS Now Verizon's 'Preferred Cloud Provider' - Can you hear me now?
- Only two weeks after its Oath division adopted Amazon Web Services exclusively, Verizon goes all in with AWS.
Demos: Cisco ACI and Splunk, Perfect App for Data Center Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis
- Already installed this solution and want to see more demos?
- This demo will walk through how to install and configure Cisco ACI solution for Splunk enterprise which consists of 2 applications: the Cisco ACI app and the Cisco ACI add-on.
- Some of the individuals posting to this site, including the moderators, work for Cisco Systems.
- The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Cisco or any other party.
- By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the Website and release Cisco from any liability related to your use of the Website.
- You also grant to Cisco a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, transferable (including rights to sublicense) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any original content you provide.
Cisco ACI and NetBrain: Delivering Application-Centric Network Operations
- Cisco ACI is a market leading, SDN based networking technology that keeps applications as the focal point of data center infrastructure and enables the creation of an agile, open and secure architecture.
- The NetBrain solution for Cisco ACI provides a single consistent view containing both network-centric and application-centric contexts of data centers, aiding enterprises to seamlessly transition to an application-centric, intent-based network enabled by Cisco ACI.
- With the solution, the user can superimpose different data sets from ACI as well as from other management systems in a single consistent view getting powerful change management, correlation, and troubleshooting capabilities.
- NetBrain solution for Cisco ACI provides an elegant approach that allows users to quickly start extracting benefits from the Application-Centric Infrastructure enabled by ACI, thus creating an agile network operation model.
Cisco-Backed RStor Aims to Change Data Center Architecture as We Know It
- RStor, a startup created by former data center technology leaders from some of the biggest names in the space – the likes of Facebook, Amazon Web Services, Intel, and EMC – says it’s possible.
- Saratoga, California-based RStor came out of stealth today, announcing completion of a Cisco Investments-led $45 million funding round and unveiling a distributed computing platform it says will give users complete freedom to decide where they store data and what computing resources they use to process it, be they Amazon’s cloud servers, their own on-premises compute muscle, or a university supercomputer.
- The platform can take computing power of a processor core sitting in a West Coast data center, for example, and use it to crunch through data stored on the opposite coast – without moving the data, Coglitore said.
How to Prevent the Friendly Cloud from Becoming a Foe Tomorrow?
- Out of it was born Oracle, and all the applications that were written to Oracle were completely dependent on the Oracle RDBMs. This was the second major lock-in wave that alerted the enterprises about the downside of proprietary APIs. And in the backdrop of that arrived Amazon Web Services (launched 2006).
- Remember the famous words of Jeff Bezos: “Your margin is my opportunity!” If enterprise vendors are not obsessed with enabling customers, it creates room for customer-obsessed companies like Amazon to take away market share easily.
- The S-1 “Infrastructure Optimization” section states that the decrease was a combination of user policy changes and a shift to operating their own data centers instead of using cloud providers.
- Even if you choose to use cloud native services like Google Pub/Sub or Amazon Kinesis, create your own company’s wrapper APIs. These serve as an “agreement/API” that you then expose to all your applications.
Cisco at ServiceNow knowledge18, Vegas – Discover how we elevate customer experiences to the next level
- We have several premier events to attend and showcase our award winning ACI, Tetration and Cisco Network Assurance Engine (CNAE) technologies.
- Cisco and ServiceNow relationship is growing strong, and has expanded from Nexus 9000 and ACI to encompass Tetration and CNAE in a short span of two years.
- Building on our ACI-ServiceNow momentum, we announced last year our ServiceNow certified solution that integrates Cisco Tetration with ServiceNow, and most recently the CNAE-ServiceNow solution at Cisco Live Barcleona this year.
- If you happen to attend the knowledge18 event this year, you can catch all this excitement at Cisco booth E55.
- Our demos feature ACI, Tetration and CNAE integrated solutions with ServiceNow. We also have on-site experts to engage you on 1:1 deep-dive meetings, should you desire a more personalized session on how our solutions work with ServiceNow.
- Some of the individuals posting to this site, including the moderators, work for Cisco Systems.
HPE to Acquire Data Center SDN Startup Plexxi
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise has agreed to buy a data center SDN startup called Plexxi, whose software-defined networking technology it plans to integrate with its SimpliVity hyperconverged infrastructure and with its composable infrastructure called Synergy.
- The eight-year-old Nashua, New Hampshire-based company’s network fabric automates network management using software much like hyperconverged infrastructure automates the management of storage and compute resources.
- In fact, Plexxi has an integration partnership with HPE’s biggest rival in the hyperconverged market: Nutanix.
- Like Nutanix and other players in the space (such as VMware, with whom Plexxi also has an integration partnership), HPE is also looking beyond on-premises deployments of hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Plexxi has designed a “next-generation data network fabric that can create or re-balance bandwidth to workload needs,” Ric Lewis, senior VP and general manager of HPE’s software-defined and cloud group, wrote in a blog post announcing the acquisition.
Now is a Good Time to Consider Cloud Architect Career
- As CIOs and IT leaders consider their digital transformation strategy, they also need to decide who will lead the charge within their organization.
- Ideally, this will be held by someone searching for a cloud architect career, a role which Gartner defines as a technical thought-leader who is responsible for the entirety of cloud initiatives within an organization.
- In a presentation at the Gartner CIO & IT Summit in Toronto this week, Kyle Hilgendorf, managing VP at Gartner said that organizations are increasingly bringing on cloud architects to lead digital transformation strategy.
- Results from a recent Gartner Technical Professional Survey indicate that 57 percent of organizations have a cloud architect, up from 39 percent one year ago.
- Cloud architects can lead an organization through this decision process with an understanding of the technology, but also the business objectives behind cloud migrations as part of digital transformation initiatives.