'Star Wars' director says Kylo Ren and Rey touching hands in 'The Last Jedi' is the closet thing to a sex scene that 'Star Wars' will ever have
- In one of the movie's most memorable scenes, Rey and Kylo Ren are able to communicate with one another from across the galaxy through the Force.
- They're able to see each other and their surroundings.
- Rey then reaches out to hold Kylo Ren's hand.
- He removes his glove and feels her touch through the Force.
- The crowd erupted in laughter.
- Mark Hamill, who plays Luke Skywalker, made a special appearance during Johnson's talk at SXSW.
- He lamented that even Luke didn't get to hold hands with a romantic partner.
Tsinghua Holdings, VST Holdings To Build Fintech JV
- Technology product solutions and supply chain services platform VST Holdings will establish a joint venture with Tsinghua Holdings to develop supply chain financial businesses in the technology industry.
- Tsinghua Holdings' subsidiaries and related companies will hold a combined 55% stake in the joint venture; while VST Holdings will own the remaining 45%.
- The total investments in the JV is CNY1 billion, including CNY500 million registered capital.
- The businesses of the new JV will cover supply chain finance, consumer finance, new retail and industry merger and acquisition and investment in the technology industry.
- VST Group was founded in 1991 and the parent company VST Holdings was founded in 2002.
- The company is mainly engaged in businesses of 12 major categories, including cloud computing, mobile Internet, system equipment, software and service, home game, VR/AR, drone, Internet of Things application, basic network, machine peripheral, information security, and accessories.
When And Why Having An MBA Matters For Startup Investors
- Are different types of startup investors—in this case, individual/angel investors versus professional investment partners—more or less likely to have gone to business school?
- Just like we found in our earlier analysis, we identified that a slim majority of professional venture capital investors hold MBAs. Remember, that’s just the proportion of folks who went to business school; many of these MBA-holding investment partners have one or more other graduate degrees to their name.
- The chart below shows the ratio of female and male MBA-holders among angel investors.
- However, in the case of the professional investment partners, we see an instance of institutions exerting a set of norms and standards fairly equally, at least where educational background is concerned.
- Because the partnership association with an institutional investment group conveys the authority in this case, there’s less competition on the margins where differences in educational background and professional accomplishments provide a serious competitive edge.
Turnbull's Liberals Claim Victory in Australian State Election
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s Liberals will remain in power in Tasmania after claiming victory in Saturday’s state election.
- While state elections are predominantly fought on local issues, the victory in Tasmania may encourage his federal government, which polls show is trailing Labor ahead of an election due by next year.
- The victory also quashes a bid by Hodgman’s opponent, Labor leader Rebecca White, to remove slot machines from Tasmania’s pubs and clubs.
- White blamed the pro-Liberal advertising campaign funded by supporters of slot machines for her defeat in her concession speech.
- Hodgman campaigned heavily on his economic credentials, vowing to boost growth and employment, while White focused on improving health-care and education opportunities.
- The win means the Liberals hold power in two of Australia’s eight states and territories, as well as federally.