How to delete a PlayStation 4 user account, if you've run out of space for accounts
- So you've reached 16 users on your PlayStation 4 and there's no room left to add another?
- Or maybe you simply don't use a few of your old accounts, and there's no reason to keep your PS4's hard drive cluttered.
- Whatever the reason for deleting a user account off your PlayStation 4, the process is straightforward and should only take two minutes.
- Spend a moment making sure you really do want to delete a PS4 account before doing so, though, as all of the saved data and screenshots stored on the console will be erased.
- You'll also lose every digital download you made with that account, including games and applications, unless you've also downloaded them on another account.
- And just like that, the PS4 will forget that user account ever existed.
- Insider receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Instagram’s will restrict posts about cosmetic procedures, weight loss products
- Instagram will restrict people under the age of 18 from seeing posts that promote weight loss products or types of cosmetic surgery as part of a new policy that targets a rapidly growing and controversial sect of influencer marketing.
- Instagram’s advertising guidelines and policies never allowed for the promotion of these products, according to a statement from the company, but recent growth among influencers and celebrities has prompted additional action.
- The updated policy is part of Instagram’s work to make the platform “a positive place for everyone” and to “reduce the pressure that people can sometimes feel as a result of social media,” Instagram’s public policy manager, Emma Collins, said in a press release.
- Jamil worked with Instagram and other experts to bring changes to the platform, according to a statement.
Trump and Iran may be on the brink of a war that would likely be devastating to both sides
- Meanwhile, Iran in recent months took several major steps away from the 2015 nuclear deal orchestrated by the Obama administration, raising concerns among European countries who were also signatories to the crumbling agreement.
- For a brief window, it seemed possible that Trump and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani might meet to find a way to end the stalemate, but Iran has ruled out any talks unless the US lifts sanctions and returns to the 2015 nuclear deal.
- This prompted Iranian leaders to warn that any action taken against the country would lead to "a reciprocal action." The Trump administration in April also announced it would move to block all countries from buying Iran's oil on top of the sanctions already crippling the Iranian economy.
- And in the ongoing Syria conflict, Iran and its proxies have supported Syrian President Bashar Assad, whose forces Trump has launched military strikes against.
Ocasio-Cortex backs rival to one of her fellow House Democrats
- Washington (CNN) - Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York on Tuesday threw her support behind a progressive primary challenger to Rep. Dan Lipinski of Illinois, a lawmaker who is considered to be one of the most conservative House Democrats.
- Newman, in contrast, is running on a progressive platform, including supporting the Green New Deal and Medicare for All. She is backed by Justice Democrats, the progressive organization that supported Ocasio-Cortez when she ran a successful primary challenge to veteran House Democratic lawmaker Joe Crowley.
- In a statement, Lipinski said, "Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's endorsement of Marie Newman makes crystal clear that Ms. Newman is an extreme candidate who is completely out of step with the voters of Illinois' Third District who do not want to be represented by a fifth member of the 'Squad,'" a reference to Ocasio-Cortez as well as progressive Democratic Reps.
NBCUniversal’s new streaming service could spell trouble for Hulu
- Preparing to launch with a couple of exclusive titles, including The Office and Parks and Recreation, Peacock is the latest entry in the streaming wars between some of the biggest names in entertainment, including WarnerMedia, Disney, Amazon, and Apple.
- It was once owned by a number of companies who saw Hulu as their entry point into online streaming, including AT&T’s WarnerMedia, 21st Century Fox, and Comcast’s NBCUniversal.
- If studios like NBCU are going to compete with Netflix, Amazon, Apple and everyone else, they’re going to need to launch their own service, which means getting into the messy licensing fights that Hulu was so useful for avoiding.
- Disney has plans for the service, including using it to house content from its subsidiary networks like ABC and Fox, but it also has its eyes on turning it into a possible HBO competitor.
Salesforce brings AI power to its search tool
- Enterprise search has never been able to meet those lofty expectations, but today Salesforce announced Einstein Search, an AI-powered search tool for Salesforce users that is designed to point them to the exact information they are looking for.
- Next, it allows you to enter natural language search phrasing to find the exact information you need, and the search tool understands and delivers the results.
- For instance, you could enter, “my open opportunities in Boston” and using natural language understanding, the tool can translate that into the exact set of results you are looking for –your open opportunities in Boston.
- Finally, based on what the intelligence engine knows about you, and on your search parameters, it can predict the most likely actions you want to take and provide quick action buttons in the results to help you do that, reducing the time to action.
New Knives Out trailer pits Daniel Craig against an obnoxious, dysfunctional family
- The new trailer for Knives Out, the next movie from Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson, dives a little deeper into the tangled messiness of a wealthy American family following the suspicious death of its patriarch.
- The rapid-fire quips and tone-deaf insensitivity to each other and the situation they find themselves in feel ripped straight out from an episode of HBO’s Succession, which also follows a wealthy American family as its members try to best each other.
- There are some clear winners in this trailer, including Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Evans, Michael Shannon, and Toni Collette (who delivers the phenomenal line, “I read a tweet about a New Yorker article about you.
- Knives Out boasts an exceptional cast, including Lakeith Stanfield, Ana de Armas, Don Johnson, Katherine Langford, Noah Segan, Edi Patterson, Riki Lindhome, Jaeden Martell, and Christopher Plummer.
- Knives Out had a premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
New Query Language for Graph Databases to Become International Standard
- – September 17, 2019 – Neo4j, the leader in graph databases, announced today that the international committees that develop the SQL standard have voted to initiate GQL (Graph Query Language) as a new database query language.
- Now to be codified as the international standard declarative query language for property graphs, GQL represents the culmination of years of effort by Neo4j and the broader database community.
- GQL reflects fast growth in the graph database market, demonstrated by increasing adoption of the Cypher language, which has shown potential and powered the demand for a single, standard language to play the role of SQL for graph databases.
- National experts from China, Korea are joining existing participants centred in Europe and the U.S. Keith Hare, who has been active in the SQL Standards process since 1988 and has served as the chair of the international SQL standards committee for database languages since 2005, charted the progress toward GQL.
XY Gaming raises $2.5 million for its global esports tournament platform
- XY Gaming has raised $2.5 million for its global esports tournament platform.
- Catering to all skill levels, XY Gaming organizes asynchronous esports tournaments using its proprietary technology, to create a convenient and hassle-free global arena for gamers to compete in some of the world’s top games, including League of Legends and Dota 2.
- The worldwide gaming market includes 2.5 billion active gamers, but esports has only targeted the top tier.
- The company will use the new capital to enhance its advertising offering by developing a new branded tournaments model and creating a new advertising vertical, to better enable direct brand engagement.
- Additional funds will also be used to expand their team, create marketing campaigns, partnerships and influencer sponsorships to grow the site, and add new well-known game titles including Fortnite, Apex Legends, and Rocket League.
THE US HOME HEALTHCARE REPORT: How US providers are using telehealth to tap into the booming home healthcare market
- US home healthcare is evolving into a massive market for US health systems and hospitals.
- The US home healthcare market is projected to grow about 7% annually from $103 billion in 2018 to $173 billion by 2026 — outpacing growth in all other care types, including hospital care (+5.3% annually) and physician services (+5.6% annually) — and providers must figure out how to tap into the burgeoning space.
- US health systems and hospitals are turning to telehealth as a tool to extend care into patients' homes to improve outcomes, reduce costs, and tap into the home healthcare opportunity.
- Telehealth — including video doctor visits and remote patient monitoring tech— extends the reach of physicians, enables a constant relationship between patients and caregivers, and offers providers a continuous stream of real-time health data.