Detecting and Geolocating Jammers and Spoofers
- If there are three or more stations, the combination of two or more detected TDOA measurements can be used to geo-localize the jammer position.
- The most recent progress has been made by Yin et alia where AOA and TDOA are combined for geo-localization in closed form but that method is unable to cope with incomplete information; hence one missing AOA measurement from station i, for example, will result in the complete loss of all TDOA measurements involving station i.
- For a fair comparison, it is important to assume appropriate measurement standard deviations that are realistic for both the AOA and TDOA systems in a convex region formed by three stations.
- Figure 3 is produced by sorting the source’s position indices according to the CRLB of joint AOA/TDOA geo-localization and superimposing its corresponding AOA-only CRLB and TDOA-only CRLB.
Could an Astronaut Lost in Space Use Gravity to Get Around?
- As part of my introductory physics course, students have to create a numerical calculation to solve a problem.
- His approach was smart: He first calculated how long it would take if the spaceship was moving at a constant velocity.
- (Here’s the code.) I'm going to pick a time interval of 100 seconds and let stuff update until the center of the astronaut and rock are 0.5 meters apart—as a rough approximation of when they’ll make surface contact.
- Maybe my time interval of 100 seconds was too long, which would cause my estimate to be off.
- With that, I know that it's not going to take 100 years or 100 seconds to reach that asteroid.
- And since you’ve got some free time as you drift toward your destination, you could refine that first estimate by breaking the problem down into five time intervals with a length of 10,000 seconds.
Vim cheatsheet to move around in a file (plus tips to use them)
- Being able to freely move around in a file is an indispensable vim skill.
- Below is a list of the commands I use to move around in a file.
- I will also share some tips to move around efficiently and how you can start applying it.
- Btw, you can see how many lines in a file with CTRL-G.
- When moving around in Vim, it is important to see patterns inside a file.
- Moving in vim reminds me of painting, start with the broadest stroke you know.
- Start by "find z" (fz) because "z" is not a commonly used letter then backtrack with b.
- The last thing we want to do it pressing a lot of l's.
- This is what makes vim fun!
- These 10 should put you in a really good position to move around in a file.Then slowly add more to your arsenal.
18 players to start or sit in fantasy football for Week 7
- As always, we try to pick less-obvious choices — players fantasy owners might be on the cusp of starting or sitting.
- It's always possible he finds the end zone, but the Titans' 10th-ranked rushing defense, at home, isn't necessarily the matchup to target.
- Why you should start him: Our start/sit columns have featured more Frank Gore than we would have guessed, but he's a fantasy-relevant player this year, and that remains the case this week.
- Anderson is too volatile to rely on, though his big-play ability has the chance to bite fantasy owners who sit him.
- Why you should sit him: Jones is the clear No. 2 receiver in the Lions offense, and while he's had productive fantasy weeks, he's topped 80 yards just once (and his lone touchdown came in that same game).
This is the weekly government report all traders should be watching
- Through the Commitment of Traders (COT) report, they it offers traders insight into where certain types of traders are positioned in the commodity markets.
- Those trading stocks could only dream of having information on which groups of traders were long or short a stock.
- For example, a trend trader might look to "go with the flow" regarding the beginning signs of speculators piling into a certain commodity, whereas, countertrend traders might look for signs of overheated markets ripe for a mean reversion trade in the opposite direction of the trend.
- We have noticed that markets swing like pendulums and as a commodity is peaking there tends to be an abnormally large long position held by large speculators in that contract.
- We have noticed the large speculator group in the COT report have amassed a near-record net long position in gold futures traded on the COMEX division of the CME Group.