Children’s game accounts hacked to support Donald Trump
- Hackers have targeted Roblox profiles to support Donald Trump in the forthcoming US presidential election.
- Users of the online multiplayer game complained their profiles were hacked with the message: “Ask your parents to vote for Trump this year!” and “MAGA2020”, an abbreviation of Make America Great Again.
- Roblox has more than 100 million users worldwide.
- Players have reported that in-game messages have been sent from the hacked profiles to the account holders' friends, urging them to support Trump in the November vote.
- Hacked avatars have been dressed in existing in-game accessories which resemble items worn by Trump supporters.
- This includes a red hat with “Running of the bulls” written in white, which looks like the Make America Great Again hats that the US president favours.
- Some players have told the news site Bleeping Computer that they are still able to access their accounts and can change their profiles back again.
The Classic Sunbeam Radiant Control Toaster
- From the late 1940's to 1997, the upscale toaster market was dominated by this classic from Sunbeam.
- The Sunbeam Radiant Control toaster is a classic for several reasons.
- Inside, the Radiant Control thermostat monitors the heat radiated (not conducted) from the outer surface of the bread, which is directly proportional to its color change.
- This is sufficient to operate the carriage and raise the toasted bread from the toaster.
- This site is dedicated to telling the story of the Sunbeam Radiant Control toaster line.
- Over time this site will grow to fully document this collection, thus making this private treasure trove available for the world to enjoy.
- This site is under continuous construction as the collection is photographed and documented.
- The banner across the top of this site is scanned from a 1950's advertising display.
Apple launches an online portal for Apple Card account holders
- Apple today has launched an online portal for its Apple Card credit card, allowing account holders to manage their balance, view statements, schedule payments and more.
- The portal, card.apple.com, will be particularly useful in the case that you lose or misplace your iPhone and need to manage your card or pay your bill.
- The main page also offers quick access to set up scheduled payments — a feature some cardholders may have not realized existed, as it was buried under the three-dot “more” menu when viewing their Apple Card in the Wallet app.
- Though it’s convenient to have a built-in way to manage the card and pay the bill right from your iPhone, credit card holders still expect to be able to access their card through the web, as well.
Why Facebook is well placed to weather an advertising boycott
- Still, Facebook was probably surprised by the speed at which a small protest, begun on June 17th by a collection of American civil-rights groups, has gained steam.
- By July 1st the #StopHateForProfit campaign, which accuses it of publishing material that incites violence, helped persuade more than 200 firms, including giants like Pfizer, Microsoft and Starbucks, to pull ads from the platform.
- Some advertisers may even go back to quaint things like newspapers and television, believes Andrew Lipsman of eMarketer, a research firm.
- Its $70bn ad business is built on 8m advertisers, most of them tiny companies with marketing budgets in the hundreds or thousands of dollars and often reliant on Facebook as an essential digital storefront.
- American tech firms have walked a fine line between Republicans, who accuse them of being too censorious, and Democrats, who want closer moderation.
Kongregate closed to new games, shutting down forums and chat
- You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate.
- However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
- We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
- An open platform for all web games!
- Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
- Also check our developers blog, where we publish new content weekly on game/data analysis, engineering and design insights, and more.
- You’ve completed your Kongregate account!
- Keep exploring Kongregate with more badges and games!
- You’ve completed your Kartridge quest!
The Whimsical Website Club
- A curated list of sites with an extra bit of fun.
- Robb’s site is full of animated illustrations and fun little details.
- Eric’s site has tons of personality and care.
- Lynn consistently knocks it out of the park with her website.
- The current iteration gives you a glimpse inside her head.
- If you try to “Save As…” him, he even gives you a nice selection of personal avatars to choose from.
- Complete the Fallout-style hacking minigame on Jet’s site to gain access to a simulated terminal.
- André’s site shows a timeline of upcoming rock festivals and even gives you the weather forcast for them!
- Andy’s personal site looks like a Kindle, so you can feel like you’re reading a book while still being glued to your favorite screen.
- That's all of them - for now.Know a site that should be on this list?
Alyssa Milano hits back over alleged blackface photo
- Milano tweeted a photo of the headline from the conservative site LifeZette along with her response.
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is a star of the hit MTV series "Jersey Shore" and well known for her tan.
- Both she and Milano are of Italian heritage.
- CNN has reached out to reps for Polizzi and to LifeZette for comment.
- The issue of blackface has become a big one in Hollywood during the recent global reexamining of race and racial injustice.
- Past episodes of several shows that featured a character in blackface recently have been pulled from streaming services, and late night host Jimmy Kimmel apologized after old clips of him performing in blackface surfaced.
- Milano, who has been outspoken in her opposition to Trump, had tweeted days earlier about what she alleges is a smear campaign against her because of her politics.
Multiple service providers are blocking DuckDuckGo in India
- Users on Reddit have noticed they’re unable to access the site on their Airtel and Reliance Jio mobile network connections.
- While Some users on Twitter have further suggested multiple internet service providers (ISP) have blocked the site.
- There’s no clarity at the moment if there’s an order from India’s telecom authority to block the site.
- We have reached out to telecom companies and internet service providers to find out more, and we’ll update the story if we hear back.
- Meanwhile, DuckDuckGo confirmed on Twitter that it’s looking into the issue and suggested Android users change their DNS provider to get around the issue.
- In the meantime it appears switching to a third-party DNS provider fixes the issue, e.g. the more private 126.96.36.199.
- In May, DoT sent an order to ISPs to block popular file transfer site WeTransfer citing security reasons.
What can you learn by writing as a developer
- Over the months I’ve started to post some of the learning and technology I’ve came across at work.
- I even started out writing my posts in point forms as I was never able to articulate my thoughts coherently.
- Over the months and numerous articles, I’ve started to learn how to put my thoughts into words and organize my thoughts for a meaningful sharing.
- Technical documentation helps an intended audience use your product, understand your processes, and get unstuck.
- I was writing posts in point form because i wasn’t able to find the coherence needed to put my thoughts into words.
- It will help you see your problems differently, and in the space of technology, when you start to see your problems from another lens, you will come to realize that your problem often times isn’t as tough as it was first perceived to be.
How to delete your old Facebook posts in bulk
- So, there’s no shame in admitting that we might have a ton of silly Facebook posts from when we started using the social network.
- We might not want everyone to see them, so Facebook lets you archive or delete them in bulk.
- Before we get started, the bulk delete/archive functionality is currently only available on Facebook‘s mobile apps (Android, iOS, and Lite).
- All archived or deleted posts will show up as labels in Your Posts sections.
- You can tap those labels to see your archived or deleted posts.
- Facebook will retain your posts in the recycle bin for 30 days in case you deleted a post by mistake, and want to restore it.
- It’s a bummer that there’s no option to bulk delete posts on Facebook’s desktop site.
- Till then, you can hide all of your sins under the carpet through mobile apps.