Node.js Under The Hood #4 - Let's Talk About V8
- It compiles JS into machine code at run time by implementing what is called a JIT (Just In Time) compiler.
- Different from other languages like C++ which uses AoT (ahead of time) compilation, which means that we first compile, generate an executable, and then you run it.
- The first step in all compiling pipelines of almost every language out there is to generate what is called an AST (Abstract Syntax Tree).
- So as we can see in the JSON we have an opening key called type, which denotes that our code is a Program, and we have its body.
#discussWhich non-computer science degrees apply to skills needed for a career in software development?
- Practices like thinking abstractly, thinking deeply, reasoning, constructing logical arguments and synthesising knowledge from different fields have been very useful in my programming work and career.
- Like it has been said before, I believe that the most important skill in software development is logical thinking, just before the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- After having spent a full year before graduating taking Psychology/Cognitive Science classes before transitioning to Computer Science, they helped improve me as a person and a friend.
- I'm android developer student and my knowledge is pretty good, but I have to learn a lot of conversation skills to share my opinions and the university has done a good job with me in this affaire.
- I don't know about degree much .But I think a person with good documentation skills can come in handy in software development.
Which programming language is the best for blockchain?
- In the blockchain industry Python is used in many good projects, for example, it has its own implementation of Ethereum(pyethereum), we can use it to create contracts for NEO and smartcontracts for Hyperledger as well.
Merge Sort Quick Reference
- Merge sort is a useful algorithm for sorting a list of items.
- The divide-and-conquer algorithm splits the input in half, sorts both sides, and then combines the result.
- The merge sort algorithm's complexity is not dependent on the input.
- At each of the log n recursive levels the recombining requires n comparisons.
- The number of copies is the number of times an item is copied to a new location, either from the input or within the output.
- At each of the log n recursive levels all of n items are copied into new output arrays during recombining.
- Each level of the recursion requires a copy of the input, as each level needs to combine the elements into new lists.
- Merge sort does not require random access to the elements, making it suitable for multiple container types, such as linked lists and arrays.
DejaVu: Caching versus Memoization
- The main problem was “tearing” - a coexistence of different time slices in a one render(output) - some component might see the new State, while others might still see the old.
- Problem with PUSH - if there is more than one change - consumer might be called more than one time, causing temporary inconsistencies as well as DejaVu. Caching versus Memoization - we are deriving data, one from each other, in a synchronous way, which is a PULL pattern, and the result is free from the problems above.
- With different hooks updating independently you may, and will get temporary inconsistencies within a single component, leading to the (temporary)undefined behavior or even (temporary) broken state.
- I was quite pathetic in my attempts to solve some state problems with hooks, until I've accepted - there no is such thing as an ideal tool.
My Career Story
- When I announced that I wanted to go to college for computer science my family responded with “what else would you take?” It wasn’t until years after working in tech that I realized that this is not an experience that most young women share.
- For the next 2 years, I spoke at meetups and local events, taught myself as much as I could, and worked in application security helping developers make more secure apps.
- I learned that software developers had a lot of aches and pains in regards to security that I had also felt when I was a developer, and especially during my work in incident response and AppSec. My goal in being a developer and cloud advocate was to help push the industry forward, and to help people create more secure software, everywhere.
- If you like this kind of challenges please also check codeguppy.com and follow @codeguppy on Twitter.
- Have fun!
- Sore eyes?
- We're a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
- We strive for transparency and don't collect excess data.
- But, there are few problems associated with that approach.
- But getting into that topic, we will see what is shallow and deep copy in javsacript.
- if an object contains the nested or reference object.
- it will copy only the reference to it.
- So, changing the original object doesn't affect the cloned object.
- Install lodash in your machine to use it.
Another conflict: resolving conflicts in git that occur when using rebase.
- Now, what rebasing does is it rewrites history of your current branch, through assigning a commit of your choice as the ancestor of the HEAD.
- If you log the history of the branch list-interests you will realize that it was based on the old version of master that did not have the intro.
- Under the hood when you rebase, git basically rewinds fetches the tip of master, places it in the position of the last commit of the branch you had checked out, then applies the tip of list_interests on master.
- Rebasing offers a clean way to combine diverging branches and its main advantage is the history is kept linear, unlike when you do merge commits.
- I added the flag --rebase to the git pull command so as to rebase the HEAD of my local on the tip of origin/list-laguages.
How One Article Shaped My Career
- jQuery, but also this idea of "when should I reach for React?" or "Do I really need to import that NPM package when with a little more work I could do it myself and understand what's going on better to improve our development processes as a whole?" etc...
- The tooling and the ecosystems provided to developers today can make our jobs so much easier, but I invite you the next time you reach for a framework you ask yourself "why am I doing this" instead of just doing what is the most comfortable and beginning to think in this way of "what will also improve my skills as a developer on every single project I work on?".