How cocktail party chatter led a Trump ally to claim a 'deep state' conspiracy
- Washington (CNN) - A seemingly impromptu suggestion at a cocktail party in 2016 -- that Hillary Clinton's deleted emails were circulating among the intelligence community and the Trump campaign might be able to get hold of them -- has irked former Trump campaign adviser Michael Caputo for years, he said.
- When reports began to emerge this month that the FBI previously sent a confidential source to speak to advisers to Trump's presidential campaign after the bureau had obtained evidence those aides had ties to Russia, Caputo said he became increasingly convinced that the government contractor floating damaging information on Clinton was part of a setup.
- Bell said he would soon be going to work for Trump and the contractor suggested the Trump campaign pursue sources connected to the US intelligence community for damaging information on Clinton.
James Clapper did NOT say what Donald Trump keeps saying he said
- Clapper makes crystal clear that the FBI was not spying on the Trump campaign.
- And he also makes clear that while he doesn't like the word "spying" -- because we are talking about the use of a confidential source -- that, to the extent there was any information gathering happening in conversations between the FBI's informant and members of the Trump campaign, it was entirely designed to shed light on Russian meddling efforts related to the 2016 election.
- He said that the only information gathering that happened with the confidential source was related to Russian interference.
- -- makes clear that a) Clapper doesn't believe the FBI was spying on Trump's campaign and b) the information gathering being done by the FBI's confidential source was aimed at Russia and designed to protect Trump and his associates, not to mention American democracy more broadly.
- Each algorithm and data structure have its own separate README with related explanations and links for further reading and YouTube videos.
- More precisely, a data structure is a collection of data values, the relationships among them, and the functions or operations that can be applied to the data.
- Algorithm is a set of rules that precisely defines a sequence of operations.
- An algorithmic paradigm is a generic method or approach which underlies the design of a class of algorithms.
- You may play with data-structures and algorithms in ./src/playground/playground.js file and write tests for it in ./src/playground/__test__/playground.test.js.
- Order of growth of algorithms specified in Big O notation.
- Below is the list of some of the most used Big O notations and their performance comparisons against different sizes of the input data.
Comey pushes back on Trump's spying claims
- The comments from Comey, who was abruptly fired by the President last year, come after Trump questioned whether the FBI placed "spies" in his campaign.
- Multiple outlets reported last week that a confidential source working for the FBI spoke with several Trump campaign aides.
- US officials have told CNN, however, that a confidential intelligence source was not planted inside the campaign to provide information.
- The Justice Department has asked its inspector general to determine whether there was any wrongdoing in the FBI's handling of its Russian interference counterintelligence investigation.
Do we really need to interview about data structure and algorithms traditionally?
- As long as you grow up in your career, you move on top of the level that you asked to implement common data structures such as linked list, stack and queue.
- I have graduated in 2001 where the most common library was C++ STL and VC++ MFC.
- Lots of time I have been interviewed and asked to design and implement queue, stack and list containers.
- In 2002, I started to use .NET framework version 1.0 where such data structures were part of the class libraries.
- I always believe that we have to consider the work requirements when we perform interviews.
- I met lots of interviewers ask complicated questions only to make shows while questions are not related to work nature at all.
- I worked with .NET and open source.
- We’re a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
Google Cloud Platform and Confluent partner to deliver a managed Apache Kafka service | Google Cloud Big Data and Machine Learning Blog | Google Cloud
- Some customers don’t want to rewrite their on-premises systems to GCP-native services such as Pub/Sub. Others have developed expertise, processes, and standards for running Kafka themselves.
- Finally, many users want to maintain hybrid deployments, consistent across GCP and public/private clouds where Cloud Pub/Sub is not an option.
- Confluent Cloud is a fully-managed streaming service based on Apache Kafka.
- Confluent on GCP links this Kafka ecosystem with GCP’s big data and machine learning services, and removes the burden of managing Kafka for developers looking to build streaming applications.
- Confluent Cloud complements GCP’s unique stream analytics and data warehousing services.
- GCP’s stream data processing service, Cloud Dataflow service for Apache Beam, integrates natively with Kafka.
- Confluent Cloud Enterprise offers 99.95% uptime SLAs, 24x7 support with 1 hour response times, VPC peering, and unlimited scalability to meet the needs of all enterprise applications, from development to production.
Trump's lawyers seek to narrow scope of special counsel interview
- Trump's lawyers, who are urging Mueller to wrap up his investigation, are looking for a way to get him to agree to limit -- or eliminate -- questions regarding Trump's conduct after he won the presidency, especially those related to whether he might have obstructed justice while in office.
- The focus on Trump's conduct prior to assuming the presidency also would exclude questions about the firing of then-FBI Director James Comey and possible obstruction of justice.
- Last month, Trump's attorneys were preparing to deliver their pre-presidency idea to the special counsel on the same day that the FBI raided the office of Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.
- Trump's legal team is also keeping an eye on another looming issue: a nearly completed Justice Department inspector general report is expected to harshly criticize Comey and other top officials at the FBI and the Justice Department over the handling of the Hillary Clinton email investigation.
Deadly lava is tearing through Hawaii as the Kilauea volcano's violent eruption continues — here are the latest images
- Hawaii's Kilauea volcano is still gushing lava, weeks after violent eruptions first began.
- On Tuesday, Kilauea sent an ash plume thousands of feet into the sky, creating more havoc on the Big Island.
- The volcanic eruptions have been escalating for about two weeks, severely damaging nearby residential neighborhoods.
- Hundreds of residents have been evacuated from their homes.
- Beyond the immediate fire danger from the lava, high levels of sulfur dioxide spewing from the volcano pose a serious threat to children, elderly people, and people with respiratory issues, the United States Geological Survey said.
- The ongoing eruptions have severely impacted Hawaii's tourism-driven economy, and have forced over 2,000 people to evacuate their homes.
- Source: Reuters.
- It’s an open source library that has a lot of built-in Machine Learning-y things like models and algorithms so that you don’t have to write them from scratch.
- If you want to get started, predicting numbers tends to be easier than predicting images, so in this example we’re trying to fit a curve to a bunch of data (this is the same example from the TensorFlow site but with waaaaay more code comments and a prettier graph).
- We are given a bunch of points (for x between -1 and 1, calculate a y according to y = a * x3 + b * x2 + c * x + d – we know this is the secret formula but we don’t know the values of those a,b,c,d coefficients.) Our goal is to learn these coefficients, so that if we’re given a new x value, we can say what the y value should be.
Trump says 'spies' in campaign would be unprecedented
- Washington (CNN) - President Donald Trump accentuated his fury Tuesday at the notion an FBI source may have provided information about his campaign, declaring such a scenario would amount to an unprecedented scandal.
- His tweets prompted the Justice Department to ask its inspector general to expand an ongoing probe into the surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page to include a review of whether the FBI was politically motivated in its investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 US election.
- After a meeting with Trump at the White House on Monday, top officials at the Justice Department, the FBI and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence agreed to share highly classified information with lawmakers related to the use of the confidential intelligence source during the 2016 presidential campaign.