How police busted a graphic child exploitation website
- On Wednesday, the United States' Department of Justice (DOJ) revealed how it had followed a trail of bitcoin transactions to find the suspected administrator of the site: A 23-year-old South Korean man named Jong Woo Son. But the case is much bigger than just one man.
- From about June 2015 to March 2018, Welcome To Video received at least 420 bitcoin through 7,300 transactions with users in numerous countries including the US, the UK and South Korea, the indictment released Wednesday shows.
- In a second court document released Wednesday, US authorities argued that 24 bitcoin accounts should be forfeited to authorities, alleging that they were used "to fund the website and promote the exploitation of children." Some of the accounts were also used to make transactions on other darknet sites, including Silk Road and Evolution where users can buy drugs and stolen information.
Cigarette cockroach is giving pizza rat a run for its money in New York
- Then Hennessy rat came along.
- Now, cigarette cockroach is the latest pest in New York caught on video indulging in its favorite vice.
- On Friday, attorney Tom Kretchmar tweeted the video that shows the insect dragging a cigarette across a sewer grate, at times struggling but seemingly determined to get its nicotine fix.
- The video, shot at the intersection of 53rd Street and Fifth Avenue, has garnered 19,000 retweets and 86,000 likes.
- Kretchmar said he watched the cockroach for 90 seconds before moving on.
- The Twittersphere responded with a mix of fascination and disgust.
- Others showed a strange empathy toward cigarette cockroach.
- Many others joked about the bug's desire to smoke.
- Then there were the select few who couldn't pass up the chance for a pun.
- Kretchmar said he wasn't able to see if the cockroach took a puff.
Atatiana Jefferson's nephew watched her get killed by Fort Worth police. The aunt may have saved the boy's life
- But in her final seconds, a Fort Worth police officer shot into Jefferson's bedroom, killing the beloved aunt "Tay" in front of the 8-year-old boy.
- As Texans mourn the death of another black person killed at home by a white officer, the 8-year-old who witnessed the killing had to break the news to his mother.
- Jefferson moved into her ailing mother's Fort Worth home a few months ago to take care of her, Merritt said.
- Just 30 miles east of where Jefferson was shot, Botham Jean was killed in his apartment last year by a Dallas police officer who mistook his apartment for her own.
- He said he's bewildered by the police officer's actions the night his sister died.
- Merritt said Jefferson's final act of service may have saved her nephew's life.
A burglar hid in a Costco for hours then stole $13K in jewelry after store closed, police say
- Authorities in Coweta County, Georgia, say a man cased a Costco and hid in the store for hours before stealing $13,000 worth of jewelry.
- The burglary took place on October 10 after the man went to Costco and walked around before leaving, the affiliate reported.
- He returned hours later and the store's surveillance video showed the scheme unfold.
- Deputies say the man hid behind the display sign for nearly five hours, waiting for the store to clear out and close up, the affiliate reported.
- He first entered the store, waited and left before walking back in at 9:45 p.m. and reemerging after midnight wearing a black ski mask and gloves, authorities said.
- Video shows the man smashing a glass display and grabbing handfuls of jewelry.
- Video from a nearby theater shows the man running out of the store and returning to a truck, authorities said.
The 52 best music videos of 2019 so far, ranked
- The "Clementine" video sees the singer dancing — clumsily, at times, but in an endearingly intimate way — alongside her little brother.
- Although the colorful visuals for Khalid's "Talk" don't totally align with the song's anxious theme, it can easily be read as an homage to Drake's "Hotline Bling," which is one of the best comparisons for a modern music video.
- There's a good reason why MTV called the "Bounce Back" video "instantly iconic." Little Mix's saucy interpretation of a Barbie Dreamhouse features Cheetah Girl-inspired looks and perfect choreography.
- The video for "Late Night Feelings," as a reflection of the song's own genius, manages to feel both fun and desperately sad — but takes the genius a bit further, making the viewer feel both intimately engaged and voyeuristic.
- As Wired's Jason Parham writes, the "Juice" video is "a visually grabbing piece of pop art" that "echoes the quirk and fantasia of the 1980s" and perfectly embodies Lizzo's infectious self-love.
Adam Neumann told staff earlier this year his family had 100% control of WeWork and even in 300 years, his descendants would be in control as 'the moral compass of the company'
- Real estate is often a family business, and for Adam Neumann, founding WeWork was no exception.
- He hired family members and friends with little experience and brought his rabbi in to lead executive meetings and help do deals, Business Insider found in multiple investigations.
- Neumann envisioned WeWork as a multi-generational family dynasty that would keep close control of the company for hundreds of years.
- In WeWork's original August filing to go public, Adam Neumann received 20 votes per share of his stock, an unusual structure even by Silicon Valley standards.
- And if something happened to Adam, Rebekah Neumann would play a major role in succession planning.
- In subsequent filings, WeWork reduced Adam's voting power and banned Neumann family members from the board.
- In the January video, Neumann highlights his long-term plan for the company.
Kings' Harrison Barnes, Eagles' Malik Jefferson to cover funeral costs for Atatiana Jefferson
- Jefferson, 28, was shot by former Fort Worth police officer Aaron Dean early Saturday morning during a wellness check after a concerned neighbor called the police.
- Jefferson had been playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew when she was shot, according to an attorney for the family.
- Barnes, an 8-year NBA veteran, has ties to the area after he played for almost three seasons with the Dallas Mavericks and said that he wanted to give back to the community during an interview with reporters.
- Lee Merritt, the attorney for the Jefferson family, and representatives for Barnes and Jackson for comment.
- A wake is planned for Friday, and the funeral will take place on Saturday and is open to the public, according to the Jefferson family's attorney.
- Dean resigned and was arrested and charged with murder on Monday.
- Fort Worth Police are investigating the shooting.
Three hour Disney+ sizzle reel trailer proves all those movies are real
- In an attempt to illuminate each title even more, Disney followed up that thread with a 3.5-hour video on YouTube listing each title that will appear on the service.
- It’s similar to Netflix’s monthly videos on YouTube that tell subscribers what’s being added to the service — just longer.
- It’s the best way to get an idea of what a lesser-known Disney movie is.
- They include titles like Sammy, the Way-Out Seal, The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, and The Barefoot Executive.
- The ‘90s were dominated by Disney Animation and Pixar titles, including The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Toy Story.
- This video isn’t here to help establish who Lizzie McGuire, Nemo, or Iron Man are; it’s designed to help explain why you should set aside 90 minutes to watch a movie about a chimpanzee who can predict future TV hits.
Mexican security forces caught one of 'El Chapo' Guzman's sons but set him free after a massive attack by cartel gunmen
- MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Heavily armed fighters surrounded security forces in a Mexican city on Thursday and made them free one of drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's sons, after his capture triggered gunbattles and a prison break that sent civilians scurrying for cover.
- Security Minister Alfonso Durazo said a patrol by National Guard militarized police first came under attack from within a house in the city of Culiacan, 770 miles northwest of Mexico City.
- After entering the house, they found four men, including Ovidio Guzman, who is accused of drug trafficking in the United States.
- Falko Ernst, senior analyst for the International Crisis Group in Mexico, said the release of Ovidio Guzman set "a dangerous precedent" and sent a message that the state itself, including the army, could be blackmailed and was not in control.
'NBA 2K20' only needed one month to become the best-selling game of 2019
- The NBA season is still days away and the league has been dealing with an international scandal in China, but that hasn't stopped fans from making "NBA 2K20" the best-selling game of the year so far.
- The Nintendo Switch continues to dominate video game hardware sales.
- Nintendo recently announced that it has sold more than 15 million Switch consoles in North America, and the Switch has outsold the older Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles for 10 straight months.
- Nintendo released the $200 Switch lite on September 20, a small portable-only version of the Switch that's $100 cheaper.
- Microsoft and Sony are both preparing to launch their next consoles during the 2020 holiday season.